1 What could be the problem
If you load a flight into X-Plane 11 and the flight simulator crashes with the error An error occurred while loading the scenery package: Captain7 - 29Palms - EDDN Nuremberg 2, this may have a simple reason.
After consulting Marten from Stairport Sceneries it turned out that it could be due to the fact that a season is activated in the SAM plugin, but without the necessary SAM Seasons add-on is installed. You can solve this problem by simply deactivating the corresponding season in the SAM settings.
2 Fixing the problemBefore and after: The settings of the SAM Plugin which may cause the crash ox X-Plane 11 while loading a scenery.
- Load a flight far away from the airport where the problem originates. For Nuremberg, for example, Frankfurt would be too close, since X-Plane tries to load the Nuremberg scenery here as well and then crashes. Bergen for example works perfectly here.
- Call the Menu Plugins > SAM > Colors & Seasons
- Checks whether a Season is activated (whether it has a blue background).
- If so, click on it to disable it. Now the scenery is going to be reloaded, which may take some time.
- Now all seasons should be grey and therefore disabled.
Now the problem should be solved. After a restart of X-Plane 11 we could now start and enjoy the Nuremberg scenery without any problems.